Monday, February 13, 2012

Henry At 3 Weeks

I can't believe how time is flying! This little boy is already 3 weeks old, but it feels like he's been a part of our family forever.

The other day when I was burping Henry in the middle of the night, he locked eyes on mine and then gave me the biggest, sweetest smile. I swear it was real!

Henry remains a fabulous sleeper/napper and eater. His only folly is belly-aching when he's in his car seat. The other day I decided to make my first venture with two kids to the store. It was only Rite Aid, which is a quick trip and only a 30 second drive from our house. (And lets be honest, he'll be on first name basis with this store soon, just like Emme and I.) By the time we got to the checkout, he was in full-scale screaming mode and the cashier was looking at me like, you poor pathetic mother, why must you bringing your rotten kids out in public!? Sigh. We'll try again soon.

When Chris gets home from work every day, the first thing he asks us is, "did you leave the house today?" Six times out of seven, the answer is no. I must say, it's sort of nice just relaxing and enjoying life these last few weeks. (Although Emme goes a little stir-crazy on occasion.) I feel good enough to leave the house but for Henry's sake, we try to stay home & stay germ-free. My only complaint is that daytime television is a total drag. Thank heavens for Netflix.

In other news, I'm pretty sure this boy is going to get used to having no personal space whatsoever, because he's got a big sister that's always all up in his grill. Just look at his expression in this picture. Pretty sure there's more where that came from!

No comments: