Monday, March 12, 2012

Henry At 7 Weeks

My gosh, where does the time go? I'm getting behind on my blogging because I rarely make it down to the real computer in the basement these days, I just end up checking email & facebook on the ipad and call it a day! So we're catching up here.

I can't believe Henry is 7 weeks old. We took a trip to St. George last week with some friends and I was a little worried about the travel & the change in surroundings & sleeping with a newborn, but Henry was a gem! We should go on vacation more often! (Wink wink -- that's for you, Chris!)

Henry is about 10.5 pounds right now -- a super chunk compared to our little peanut Emme. We started wearing 3-6 month clothing at 4 weeks old. Needless to say, he's going to throw off my buy-a-season-ahead shopping philosophy big time. He's happy and content, and sleeps for a 6 hour stretch every night, followed by a 3-4 hour stretch. And one night this week he slept for 8! So we're hoping that happens more often.

He found his hands in the last little while, and he'll suck on them noisily while he's hanging out with us.

Henry is more alert these days, and he'll make eye contact with you and smile back at you when you talk sweetly to him. It's the sweetest thing and it melts my heart every time. I want to eat up every moment with him.

A few weeks ago when Emme and Henry were being watched by Grandma & Grandpa Spencer, Henry was starting to get hungry so Emme announced that she was going to feed him with her "boob-boobs." She walked over to him, unzipped her jammies and threw them wide open to do the job! Grandma Spencer had to stifle her laugh and kindly explain that Emme's "boob-boobs" don't work quite the way mom's do.

Emme loves to share everything with Henry these days. Today we shared our princess bracelet with him.
And we couldn't leave out the monkeys, once again.

Emme continues to be a sweet little helper. She has a step-stool that has taken up permanent residence in Henry's bedroom. If I move it, she scolds me and puts it back in his room. She uses it to stand on while I change Henry's diaper, feed him in the chair or while he's in his crib so she can see him all the while.

She has given Henry many nicknames. Here are the latest few:
  • Boo-boo
  • Bubba
  • Little Buddy
  • Baby Brother
  • Hank
  • Hank The Tank (this one was given by Dad)

As happy and content as this boy is, he also loves to be held. He's a snuggly, cuddly infant (Emme was not cuddly until toddlerdom). He'll fall right asleep in the front carrier, in your arms or flat on Chris's chest. A few weeks ago we went to my little brother Stuart's state tournament high school basketball games at the E-center, and Henry slept right through each one strapped to my chest in the Ergo. I couldn't believe he could sleep through all that noise! What a sweet heart.

We love this little boy to pieces! It's so hard to remember what life was like before he was here. It feels so complete and perfect with him!

1 comment:

V said...

What a good post!! Emme sounds like an amazing & responsible sister.