A few notes about Henry:
- He has three teeth! Two on the bottom in the middle, and one on the upper right. We didn't even notice the third one had popped through! What a champ.
- Henry goes to bed about 7:30 PM and sleeps until 6:15 or 7:00 AM. Then he'll nurse and sometimes fall back asleep.
- Henry takes one nap a day for about 3 hours. (Or two short ones if his first one gets interrupted or we have to go somewhere. Such is the life of the second child!)
- Henry pulls himself up and stands without holding onto anything, and he'll cruise along holding onto the couch or the fireplace hearth, but he doesn't have any desire to take steps on his own yet!
- Henry was leaking out of the front of his diaper every night and I thought it was just because he was a heavy wetter and a stomach sleeper. Even though he was 2 pounds below the starting weight of the next size of diaper (and far below the upper limit of his current size), I moved him up to a size 4 diaper and voila! No more leaks.
- Henry says "Mama" and "Dada" with meaning these days. A few days ago Chris was "playing dead" on the family room floor with Emme while Henry was sitting nearby. She kept calling his name, "dad...dad...dad..." to try to rouse him but without much success. Henry, sensing Emme's frustration, finally called out very loudly and very clearly, "DADA!" in an exasperated voice. It made both Chris and I jump and laugh. Smart boy!
- Henry continues to put everything in his mouth. Over the last few months I've found earrings, screws, and a number of other items in Henry's mouth. This kid is going to send me to an early grave, I tell ya.
- Henry continues to be an amazing eater. He can out-eat Emme in sheer quantity at every meal. I kid you not. He is going to eat me out of house and home.
- Henry has a thing for Emme's hair. He loves to touch it and (unfortunately) pull it. If she's laying down on the family room floor he'll sneak up on her and pounce before she knows what's hit her.
- Henry continues to be a daddy's boy. He loves his daddy. And even more than his dad, he loves his Grandpa Spencer! If I stand next to Grandpa and we both have our arms out, he'll pick Grandpa Spencer every time.
Henry is currently perfecting his "cheese" face.
I never get tired of watching these two love on each other! It's so sweet.
Love you sweet Henry boy! Happy 11 months!