Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Breakfast in Bed

On Chris's actual birthday, I woke up early and made him a surprise breakfast in bed. It was a Sunday that I had choir practice, so it was SUPER early, but Chris was a good sport. He said he didn't even hear me in the kitchen making cooking noises or smell the cooking bacon or muffins, and I was amazed!


Chris doesn't like "sweet" breakfast foods (like pancakes and waffles -- all the things I LOVE), so I made him non-sweet breakfast foods. There were eggs (I'm not sure I'll ever be able to make them as good as Stan - I'm still going through Stan-eggs withdrawls), hash browns, chocolate chip muffins, sausage, bacon, english muffins, and fruit.


Then Chris got to open his presents from me, which included a freezer-load of Omaha steaks. Yay! This was something Chris had actually asked for. I think their advertising got to him because when he ripped the page out of a magazine and gave it to me he was practically salivating. But we cooked a couple of the steaks for dinner a few days later and they were REALLY good.

No comments: