Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Emme At 10 Months





All of a sudden my baby is gone and there's a would-be toddler in her place. She climbs up and dives off everything. She thinks she can go down stairs head-first. And she definitely doesn't hold still for pictures anymore. There is no fear in this girl!

  • Emme loves cords. The laptop cord is her favorite cord. She chewed clean through it (while it was unplugged, of course) a few weeks ago.
  • Emme can stand by herself, and balance enough to bend and pick things up, or dance to music while she's standing.
  • Emme's favorite song to dance to is the "Hot Dog Dance" from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
  • Emme has figured out how to twist in her jumper (the one that hangs from the door frame) and then pick her feet up and let gravity un-twist her. She laughs and laughs.
  • Emme tries to push anything that slides or has wheels across the kitchen floor. Once she runs into an obstacle, she grunts and looks at me until I come turn her object the other direction she she can keep pushing.
  • Emme can clap, wave bye bye, do the "indian" on her mouth, and she's starting to blow kisses.
  • She occasionally says "mama" when she's whining now, which is nice because up until this point her favorite word was "dada!"
  • Emme is still the world's most finnicky eater. It's a guessing game at every meal to see what flavor she's in the mood for. I lose sleep over how hard it is to get this girl to eat. She's going to be the death of me, I swear!
  • Emme's figured out how to take all of her shoes off and all of her bows out of her hair. The other day as I walked out of a restaurant, a woman chased me down with one of Emme's shoes that she'd take off and chucked. (Thank you, kind stranger!)
  • Emme wants to drink from a cup but doesn't want to swallow the liquid that makes it into her mouth. The sacrament water ends up all down her dress every week. But we keep trying!
  • Emme is a little bit of a snuggler these days. If you have her blankie, she'll lay her head on your shoulder and snuggle you, but only for about 30 seconds at a time. (Still, I'll take what I can get!)
  • Emme has officially been weaned to soy formula. (More on that later!)

1 comment:

The Martin Family said...

I love reading about all these fun milestones. It gets me excited to see what Owen will be able to do next.
...so crazy about her being a crazy eater. Owen will eat just about anything I put on a spoon.