I know, Henry boy. I know.
Henry's six month stats:
Height: 27 1/8" (75%)
Weight: 17 lbs 4 oz (50%)
Head: 17 1/4" (50%)
This boy continues to be a tall, delightful chunkster! (At least by our standards anyway.)
A few notes about Henry:
- He still hasn't kicked cradle cap all the way. I mean seriously. We've tried every home remedy and every fancy shampoo they sell, even the ones my pediatrician recommended. Apparently some babies just have to grow out of it? Ugh.
- This boy still doesn't love solid foods. Not apples, pears, bananas, watermelon, avocado, sweet potatoes, rice cereal made with breastmilk -- not anything. Chris says he's just a boob man. (Har, har.) We are persevering with the solids, though.
- Henry's nicknames have transformed into Boo-Boo-Chicken, Bubba and Henry-Boy.
- Henry is still sleeping great from about 8:30 pm to 6:00 am. He's taking 2 naps - a short morning nap (~1 hour) and a longer afternoon nap (~2 hours). But he loves driving in the car so much if you put him back in his carseat he'll fall asleep no matter what time of day it is. I often have to ride home in the backseat to keep him awake on our way home from Grandma's house on Sunday nights!
- Henry is babbling and squealing a lot these days. He's mastered the D, M and B consonants.
- We just moved to size 3 diapers. It's keeping the blowouts to a dull roar at present. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
- Henry loves to sit up but he's still quite tipsy. If you set him in between your legs he'll play for hours.
- Henry is rolling ALL over the room. He can get to whatever toys he wants by rolling this way & that. No more leaving contraband on the floor. This boy is mobile!
- Henry is a champion jumper, in his jumparoo that is. Best. Invention. Ever.
- This little man just figured out how to splash in the bathtub with his feet. He kicks and kicks like a madman! I now come out of the room wetter than he is when all is said and done.
- Henry loves laying on Emme's bed to read stories for naptime. He loves books. He'll scratch and touch the pages while I read to them. He especially loves the touch & feel books.
- Henry still loves to be held. Such a snuggler!
- No teeth yet. His drooling & chomping on things are deceiving! We hope they're on their way soon.
- This boy is tough. He had 3 shots at the doctor. Wimpered for a second with the first one. Didn't bat an eye at the second one. Wimpered for a second with the third one. Atta boy! My big, tough teddy bear.
And just for fun - here's Emme at 6 months. Look like siblings much?