Friday, January 29, 2010

Date Night

Last week before we saw the pediatrician, they had Chris and I fill out a long checklist, asking about baby milestones, frequency of diapering and feeding, etc. We were doing great, answering yes to every question on there...until we got to the last one.

It asked if mom and dad had had any alone time since baby was born. Chris and I both looked at eachother and thought for a minute. Weird. We realized we hadn't had a date in over 2 months!

So last night Chris's parents were sweet enough to watch Emme while Chris and I went on a real date! We got her all packed up with tons of extra diapers, clothes, blankies, burp cloths, etc, and handed her off to Chris's parents. We'd only gotten about half a mile away from their house when Chris looked at me and said, "Do you think we should call and see how she's doing?" And he was dead serious. And no, I didn't let him call.

{A quick snapshot in front of the movie theater. Chris was in too much of a frenzy to let me photo-document anything else, lol.}


I think Chris had a harder time leaving Emme than I did! We hadn't even gotten out of the movie theater before he'd dialed his mom's number already to check on her. And we ended up grabbing Cafe Rio and taking it back to the Spencer's to eat it so we wouldn't have to be gone so long.

Emme did great, and prettymuch ate and then slept the whole time. It was so nice to leave her in capable hands so we didn't have to worry. And so nice to get out by ourselves! Thanks again, Stan & Kathryn!

No comments: