Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Emme At 8 Weeks

Oops! I forgot to post this earlier. Here are the 8 week pictures of our little ray of sunshine. This girl just gets cuter and cuter every day.




I haven't talked about it much on here, but for the first little while I had to take Emme into the doctor's office once a week to have her weighed because they didn't think she was putting on weight fast enough. We were told by the nurses when we left the hospital that she was down two ounces (which would have put her at 7 lbs 14 oz), and when I weighed her at 9 days she was 7 lbs 4 oz. The doctors were understandably concerned about a drop that big. ("Does she eat every 3 hours? Has your milk come in?")

Yesterday I found our discharge papers from the hospital, as well as her vaccination chart I'd been looking for two months for. (Chris -- "Oh, I thought I told you I put them in the laptop bag?" Umm, no. You didn't.) (However, in his defense, there is a lot going on the day you checkout of the hospital.)

The papers list her discharge weight at 6 lbs 14 ounces. That would mean she was down A POUND AND TWO OUNCES. Yeah. Big difference, and also an easy mistake on the nurse's part. (Perhaps they should have been more concerned about such a large drop in the hospital? But she didn't nurse well there, and also had a traumatic birth.)

At any rate, that means her weight gain since then has been perfectly fine. Ugh. Such a big weight lifted off my shoulders! Nothing quite like worrying that your baby is malnourished.

2 comments:

kupukaa_ohana said...

She really is so adorable! I am glad everything is going ok with her. Hang in there mama!

Ashley Bennion said...

Don't stress - I stressed too - Beau dropped over a pound in the hospital and they had me all freaked out about it and almost made him stay an extra day and then his regular pediatrician - (Who is the chief of staff at PCMC) told me that is totally normal for babies born that weigh in the high 7 lb region - She is adorable - Congratulations you guys!!!