Monday, March 1, 2010

Patty Cake

Emme loves to be sung to. We sing lots of songs during the day -- some primary songs, some songs my parents used to sing to me, and Emme loves it. (She also loves it when we make her arms dance to the Utah Fight Song while we watch Utah games on TV. I think it's because she bleeds red.)

Chris sometimes gets the words messed up to various play songs, and I think it's sort of funny. So I'll teach him the right words and then listen in the next time he's singing with Emme. I overheard him doing Patty Cake with Emme the other day:

"Patty cake, patty cake, baker's man,
Bake me a cake as fast as you can,
Roll it, and pat it, and mark it with an E,
And put it in the oven for Chris!"

I laughed a little and then asked Chris, "Aren't you going to share your patty cake?" He replied, "No, this one's all for me." Ha ha. Luckily Emme didn't seem to mind.


{Our little roly-poly girl}

No comments: