Thursday, May 17, 2012

Amy Leaves for Norway

Amy and Stuart gave their farewell talks this last Sunday in sacrament meeting on Mother's Day. They both did such a nice job. Afterwards all of the extended Pace and Langeland families came over to my parents house for food & conversation. It was a wonderful day with family.

Then on Tuesday night all of the siblings & spouses met over at the Stake Center to watch Amy be set apart as a missionary. We all got the chance to go around the table and share our feelings & testimonies. It was a special experience. The kind of experience you love but also hate because it's so emotionally draining! As we walked out of the church I said to my mom, I can't believe we have to do this two more times in the next month!

Amy was supposed to be at the MTC around 1:30 on Wednesday, so we all met at Cafe Rio on Wednesday morning at 11:00 AM for an early lunch and some last hugs & kisses.

 
 
Amy seemed really somber and nervous, but my Grandmother, true to her good form, apparently kept their conversation light and kept making jokes. Love you, Grandmother!

 
 Henry was a happy, happy boy. (Especially when you play patty-cake with his hands.)

 
 
 
 

When Amy finishes her mission, my parents will still be in Spain servings theirs. A while back she had mentioned to Michelle and I that she would like us to come pick her up from her mission in Norway. So when I gave Amy her last hug before she left, she told me she loved me and she would see me in Norway. I guess I'd better start saving my pennies!

Love you, Ames! You're going to be a fantastic missionary. We will miss you but we are so proud of you!

No comments: