Monday, March 2, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Monday:
Chris requested BBQ Chicken Pizza for dinner tonight. It's going to require a quick trip to the grocery store on my way home from work tonight to pick up a few things, but he doesn't request things very often, so we're going with it. :)


Tuesday:
Crockpot shredded chicken tacos and maybe some Cafe Rio dressing.


Thursday:
Homemade Chicken Rice Soup (using some chicken held over from Tuesday).



Incidentally, if you're looking for an AMAZING breakfast recipe, try this Banana Foster French Toast recipe. We had Sunday dinner at Julie's yesterday, where we had sausage egg casserole and this French toast. Delish! So delish I had to work it off at the gym this morning.

While I'm on the subject of breakfasts, I should post my favorite oatmeal pancake recipe I got from my friend Elisa at work. I make it some nights when Chris is at school and I'm just cooking for myself (he's not too big on "sweet" breakfast foods). It's surprisingly yummy and healthy.

Oatmeal Pancakes
2 eggs
1/2 c. cottage cheese
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. oats
1 tsp oil
1 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
1/4 c. flour (all purpose or wheat)

Combine milk and oats and heat in microwave for 1 min. Let soak until oats have fully absorbed the milk. Beat eggs, cinnamon, and oil in a separate bowl. Add in oats, mix. Add in flour, mix. Cook in a frying pan on medium to low heat.

No comments: