Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House

Last night Chris and got to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house with some tickets he got from a friend at work. We missed the Draper Temple open house because Chris was still in school and we never found the time. We sort of felt bad about that. So even though we were super busy this week, we decided just to squeeze it in and go anyway, and we were glad we did.

They started the tour by showing a 10 minute movie about the history of West Jordan as well as info on what goes on inside temples. It was a really sweet movie that even made me cry a little. (So sue me, I'm pregnant.)


After the movie they let us loose to walk through the temple, and it was gorgeous! My favorite part were the paintings inside. They were giant and vibrant and amazing. I could have stood for hours looking at the paintings. The chandeliers were also beautiful, as well as all the glass between rooms that made it feel so open.

When we got to the top floor where the sealing rooms are, they had us file in and sit down and then a volunteer couple shut the door for a few minutes and spoke to us about how the temple had blessed their lives. The couple that spoke to us talked about their three adopted children, and it brought tears to my eyes. It was very sweet.

If you get the chance, go walk through! It's a beautiful temple and a sweet experience. Chris and I were really glad we took the time.

View of the Wasatch mountains and the Draper Temple from the parking lot. I had no idea the Oquirrh temple had such a great view!

No comments: