Friday, July 17, 2009

Dear Santa...

Does anyone else's husband have a hard time coming up with birthday and/or Christmas gift ideas? I'm throwing Chris a bone with this one today.

Behold. The item currently at #1 on my wishlist:


I saw this the other day when we were at Home Depot. Sometimes it feels like we live there. But on this particular occasion, we were back by the wood blinds when I stumbled upon it. Isn't it a beaut? It's basically an upright freezer chest with 8.8 cubic feet of glorious frozen space inside.

Why, oh why is a freezer on my wishlist, you ask? Oh, the possibilities! I got THIS recipe book for Christmas last year and I love it. However, I never have enough room in my freezer to really use it regularly. I love the idea of once-a-month cooking and freezing meals. I also love being able to buy frozen foods in bulk when I find a good sale.

In short, I think this freezer could actually save our family money. And the best part? Look how much it costs to run per year...

(This is Chris's biggest beef with buying a 2nd freezer. He let Utah Power haul away the old freezer we inherited with our house because it was a power hog.)

Thirty-nine dollars per year!?! I think I'm in love.

3 comments:

Mrs. Langeland said...

Oooooh! I wouldn't dare do without my freezer now that I've tasted the sweet fruit of its labor!

And I have Christmas on my mind lately too. Especially what to get Fred and Shirley, or John...I am always so clueless!

V said...

I agree.....I have also been dreaming of owning a second freezer for a long time. It would save so much money to be able to stock up during meat sales, etc.

Seth and Sarah said...

You're so funny! I think pregnancy is messing with your head...I've never fantasized about a freezer, but hey... there's a first time for everything!