Monday, October 3, 2011

23 Week Belly Pic

It's about time, no?
{Click HERE to see my 21 week pic with Emme}

Pregnancy Statistics

How far along? 23w2d (21w2d in this picture)
Gender: Boy
Current Cravings: Nothing. Not even junk. (Which is so unlike me.) But yet I'm hungry all the time.
Weight gain: +7 lbs
Best moment this week: Staying up late one night and it made me so tired I slept all through the night without having to get up and go to the bathroom! Bliss. Oh, and having to add THIS to my wardrobe. About 6 weeks earlier than last time around. Ugh, not so blissful.
Belly button in or out: In
Labor signs: Zilch
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach
What I'm looking forward to: Getting the nursery set up (which means swapping Emme's crib furniture into the new nursery and getting her a big-girl bed).

Once the morning sickness finally left, I've been feeling so good. I'm just itching to clean-clean-clean. Probably because nothing got cleaned for like 3 months while I laid on the couch. So there is much to do.

Emme is going to be the sweetest big sister, I can already tell. She talks about the "baby brover" in mama's tummy all the time. We've already discussed how she wants to give baby brother her crib when he comes so she can have a big girl bed, and also how she's going to give baby brother her diapers when he comes so she can have her (my little) pony panties. What a sweetheart.

We bought a chair for the nursery a few weeks ago and it's set up in Emme's room while we get the nursery next door ready for it. Every morning when I get her out of the crib she points to brother's chair and talks about it. She calls it pretty and wants to sit on it all the time.

Perhaps the funniest part of Emme's association with brother is where exactly he is inside mama right now. If I ask her to point to baby brother, she walks over and pokes my boob. Um, not quite, but my family thinks it's hilarious! My neighbor pointed out that right now, those are still bigger than my stomach, so maybe it's confusing to her? Lets hope she gets the hang of it as baby brother grows!

1 comment:

Racher said...

Yay! I loved these updates when you were pregnant with Emme. So glad you're feeling better.