This little man is such a joy to have around. He's content and snuggly and sweet, and has an adorable dimple when he smiles.
Some first week ramblings....
- Nursing has been more difficult this time around. The doctors in the hospital thought Henry was slightly tongue-tied, but they decided to let it be. As a result, his latch is not as good as Emme's was, and I've had quite a bit of cracking & bleeding. Ugh! But I think we're through the worst now.
- Henry sleeps like a champ! He does a 4 hour stretch and then a 5 hour stretch at night. Oh how I love your sleeping habits, little man!
- I'm not sure I'll ever get used to changing a little boy diaper. I'm just way too slow! Been peed/pooped on more times than I care to remember already. Girls are so much easier!
- Henry looks a lot like Emme to me -- he has her same cheeks. He also has her same hairline & cowlick, but in a much lighter color. Perhaps he'll go blonder than Emme did?
- Life feels so good lately. I barely keep up on the laundry, and between feeding Henry, myself and Emme, and changing diapers, the whole day is practically full. But it feels so nice. I love being a mom!
I can't wait for these two to become best friends. Emme is going to be the sweetest big sister in the whole world.