Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm In A Funk

I feel like I'm in a bit of a blogging funk. It could be because I'm in a bit of a do-anything-but-nest-funk.

I'd like to say I spent the weekend laying on the couch watching conference...but that would be a lie. I spent the weekend cleaning, organizing, and building closet-organizer shelves for the baby's closet, while listening to conference on the radio. Which is probably why the doctor keeps reprimanding me and instructing me to sit on the couch and relax when I get home from work. (But seriously, I got so much done this weekend! It feels so good to succumb to the nesting!) More on that later.

While I was listening, I was thinking about motherhood, and all of the miraculous things that happen to your body to make it possible to have a baby. (I know, probably an odd thing to take away from this weekend....but whatever. I've got baby on the brain.)

My inner-monologue:
Seriously, who decided that the baby would grow inside you until it was ready to be born? It's so silence-of-the-lambs. Oh, and we'll have it float in a giant bag of water to protect it from bumps and bruises. Oh, and by the way, it can breathe underwater while it's in there. And it will know on it's own when to turn upside-down for delivery. And we'll even separate its blood from your blood by the amniotic sack and placenta, so that even people will serious blood diseases (like HIV) can give birth to a perfectly healthy baby...

Seriously. This took somebody a heck of a lot of thought and creativity. Pretty stinking miraculous.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

I couldn't agree more! I thought about that a lot when I was pregnant ... what an amazing thing. How anyone who has a baby can not believe in God is beyond my comprehension!

Seth and Sarah said...

HA! I'm with ya...although I do wish the end result weren't so gross. Not that I know what it's like to have a vaginal delivery. Still--it's amazing, but gross.