Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Last Dinner

My parents went to the MTC for one week and then come home for one night to sleep in their own beds before they flew out to Spain. The girls got together and made dinner that evening so we could all have one last night as a family to sit around and chat. We loved hearing my parents tell all their stories from the MTC.





 
 



After dinner & dessert were over and it was getting dark, my parents walked each family out to their car one by one to give hugs and say their final goodbyes. It was pretty heart-wrenching to watch my mom hug and kiss the grandbabies while tears streamed down her cheeks. She didn't want to let them go. As we drove up the street we watched the familiar shadow of my dad standing on his driveway in the light of the moon, waving as we drove away like he always does. It made me sad to think I won't see my dad do that for a long time! We miss you, mom & dad!

No comments: