Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A New Low

I keep a water bottle on my desk at work to drink throughout the day. It helps me keep track of my fluid intake so I'm making sure I get enough. Plus, I've been ravenously thirsty lately. Like, I-wake-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night-multiple-times-and-drink-a-huge-glass-of-water thirsty.

Sometimes when I'm working, my water bottle will fall empty. And even though I'm thirsty, I'm on such a gosh-darn-roll with what I'm working on that I can't bring myself to stand up and walk the 30 feet to fill it up. An hour or two later when I'm practically dying of thirst, I hoist my pregnant-rear out of my chair and finally walk to the water jug.

So today, I reached a new low. I went to the store and bought a HUGE water bottle for my desk, with the sole intent that it will keep me from having to stand up and walk to the water jug too many times each day. Because, heaven-forbid I should get too much exercise.

Way to go, Annalisa.

Exhibit A: The lazy-man's refreshment of choice.

2 comments:

Ali said...

You think you're thirsty now?!

If you plan on breastfeeding, you just wait. As soon as the process begins, your desire for water will be INSANE.

It's crazy!

Nikki said...

You know what I looked forward to about delivery the most? The water jug they give you. And Ali is right...just wait!