Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Day

On Christmas morning we had to wake Emme up to open presents. We would have loved to sleep in, but such is life with early church.

Santa brought Emme a bike! And a pink present and a blue present! (Exactly what she asked Santa for when she sat on his lap both times.)


The next best thing was the candycane inside her stocking. Go figure.

Emme surveyed the carnage while enjoying her candycane. She got a cinderella dress up, a crown, a wand, some DVD's, a quiet book from mom (more on that soon!), stick on earrings, a sword (at her request) and a few other odds and ends.

Baby brother got a shape sorter and some bibs. Mom got a new cell phone (because her speaker broke on the old one), and Chris got a cool Utah yard sign.

Then we had amazing cinnamon rolls & hot breakfast casserole before rushing off to 9am church. (And we were on time!) Emme loves blessing the food these days. It's always her turn.

I have to say, our sacrament meeting was amazing on Christmas. Maybe I'm just pregnant, but I pretty much bawled through the whole thing. A man in our ward told the story of the song O Holy Night and then sang it. It's my favorite Christmas song ever, but it was especially amazing that day. I cried like a baby!

After church we headed to the Spencers for our annual Christmas brunch. We ate and ate and ate some more. It was awesome. Then we opened presents from the Spencers (sorry, I got lazy with my photos). Emme got a kitchen (yay!), Chris got some new church shirts (yay!) and I got an immersion blender (double yay!).

Later that night we had Christmas dinner with my family. Emme got a slide from Grandma & Grandpa Pace, and some lego duplo blocks which were a big hit. Chris and I got a church book and a really neat statue of Joseph Smith.

It was a special, sentimental Christmas day for us this year. I wish Christmas could be on a Sunday every year, because I love it. Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

mpace said...

I'm pretty sure I've seen that exact same sleepy face of Emme's on you too. hah. And Chris staring down Emme while she is praying? Kinda creepy. haha.