Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Live Nativity

My parents had a live nativity at their house this year. Emme and I hung out at my parents house that day so we could be there for the festivities. They had donkeys, camels, sheep, and all sorts of fun animals. Roman guards rode in on horses in full character, there were tents set up with food & hot chocolate & artisans doing their thing, and it was just really neat. I didn't get a good picture of Emme during it all, but here are a few of the scene.

The actual nativity was a sit-down presentation, and they had two sessions -- one at 5:45 and one at 7:00 PM. It was estimated that about 1200 people came to see it that night. Wowsers! They even left the star up on my parents barn for them to light up until Christmas, so every time we pull in my parents driveway, Emme points to it and yells about "baby Jesus" and his "momma and daddy." It was so fun, we hope they do it again next year!


{one of the artisan tents}

{Joseph and Mary on a donkey, approaching the Inn}

{The angels on the hillside, when they broke out in song. Gave me chills!}

{Mary and Joseph in the stable, below the star}

{The whole scene. Look at all those people!}

No comments: