Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve

We spent Christmas Eve with my side of the family this year, even though it was technically a Spencer year. There are going to be some changes in my family soon and we knew we wouldn't be able to all be together again for a while, so we celebrated together this year. (More on that later.)

We all wore our Norwegian sweaters & had our traditional Norwegian feast. Then we passed around the rice pudding and sang Christmas carols. Chris ended up with the pudding that had the almond this year so he won the prize! (Which I promptly ate. So sue me, I'm pregnant!)

Then we sang carols around the Christmas tree and waited for Santa to drop of presents for the great grandchildren on the front porch.

{Emme singing with Grandma}

Santa brought Emme a Cinderella barbie with her very own matching horse. He brought Miyo the Snow White version and Nora Jane the Belle version. Very fitting for those three, I thought.



{Emme fraternizing with Keidra's barbie}

We are sad that this Christmas Eve was the last for us for a while, but we've enjoyed the memories over the years and hope to pass on many of the same traditions to our children!

1 comment:

V said...

Sad. I'm glad you were able to all celebrate together this year.